Language for Academic Studies is an interactive on-line academic skills course for UAL students to explore. It can help you develop:
- the academic English language skills you will need to successfully complete your studies.
- greater knowledge of the different types of University assignments and how to approach them with confidence.
- your listening skills; e.g., for seminars and lectures.
- your speaking skills; e.g., for seminars, tutorials and group discussions.
- your reading skills; e.g., read more effectively and more efficiently.
- your writing skills; e.g., note taking, essays, dissertations, referencing, and finding YOUR voice.
- ways of learning that encourage independence and confidence.
You should be able to find Language for Academic Skills on your Moodle page, or click on the link below and follow it to your college.